This is one of my favorite vegetables…on season and off! I will roast them, stir fry them, add them to my breakfast omelet…even add them to my salad (cold)! There are so many benefits to eating them (which you can google) ;-)…i’m just here to tell ya how I cook them. 🙂
I buy a BIG bundle at SAMs Club.
Easy way to roast them:
- Break the ends off (if you bend them…they’ll naturally break where they are supposed to) about 1/3 will break off. That’s the woody part. Discard.
- Rinse asparagus.
- Line baking sheet with tin foil (for easy clean up) or you can bake directly on baking sheet.
- Spray baking sheet with PAM
- Line asparagus on cookie sheet.
- I spray the top with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I use a Misto sprayer which you can buy at bed bath & beyond) or you can just use PAM again.
- I like to add black pepper for flavor and heat.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees. Depending on how “cooked” you like your asparagus…you will want to monitor the cooking time. Today I cooked this big batch for 30 minutes for a mid crispy spear. You can also cook them at 425 degrees for 10-20 minutes…but I always overcook at this heat (since i’m a busy body and going 100 mph in the evenings). At a lower heat…you can monitor better.
You can add garlic (fresh minced…or garlic powder) for additional flavor. Whatever you like. It’s YOUR asparagus. lol