This is a “use what you like” kind of soup. Or maybe even “use what you have in the fridge” as in my case here! LOL
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes
- a handful of asparagus spears
- green onion (3 are shown…but I used about 2 really since I didn’t cut all the way down)
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 large garlic cloves
- paprika (5 shakes of the container- SO technical I know!!)
- chilli powder (another 5 shakes) 😉 Sorry…but this is what happens when I make it up along the way!!
- salt, pepper (optional and to your liking)
Ingredients make 2 servings of this soup (or 1 very large bowl!)
Chop the tomatoes, prepare and cut up the asparagus spears, dice your green onion, celery stalks and garlic gloves.
Throw it all in a medium sauce pan. Toss in your spices, a bit of salt and some pepper (I like a lot of pepper in mine to make it HOT)…and cook at medium/high heat until tomatoes have broken down and veggies are tender to your liking. Couldn’t even begin to tell you how long this took as I was making 2 other dishes at the same time. All I know is I looked at it, tasted it…and said it was done!
The 1st night I ate it as a straight soup with a side of chicken.
For lunch today…I shred my chicken and threw it in there. YUM!!!
**If you like a thinner soup, you can thin it out with broth. I like mine to be more like a stew consistency. Just hearty that way!**
**Also remember…use veggies YOU like…and that way you’ll LOVE the soup** 🙂