Soooo…I bought a NINJA…so you know I had to blog about my protein smoothies!
Simple way to get in one of your meals that provides 30 grams of protein AND tastes like a dessert! 🙂
- 1 scoop of whey protein (or protein of choice). I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey (Vanilla Ice Cream)
- 1/4 cup non fat Greek Yogurt (I used plain, but you can use Vanilla or flavor of choice)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (coconut milk, skim milk or 1% if you have to)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes or crushed ice
- 1/2 cup of frozen berries or mangoes…really any fruit you want. I like to use frozen, but you of course can use fresh berries. Frozen adds to the texture.
- 1 tbsp of milled flaxseed (optional)
- approx 1 tbsp of Splenda (more or less to taste) OR sweetener of choice.
Add to blender or single serve container in any order… and pulse to blend thoroughly!
**You can make this the night before and have it ready to go. It loses the frozen aspect…but it’s still a delicious and easy way to get in quick protein!**
Also fun for kids…I made a chocolate smoothie for Kayla. 2% milk, some dark chocolate chips and a few ice cubes 😛 Happy Mini-Me!! 😀