You won’t miss the mayo…not with this creamy substitute. A fresh chicken salad with MANY different versions you can make!
- 2- 10 oz cans of Chicken (there is really NOT 10 oz of chicken in there…maybe 4 oz. Each can will provide approx 25 grams of protein and you’ll get even more with the greek yogurt added to the mixture!) You can also make this with Tuna or Salmon!!!!
- 2 large apples (you can use cranberries or grapes in lieu of apples!)
- 2 tablespoons no sugar added relish (or 3 tablespoons if you like)
- 1/3 slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup no fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of original Mrs. Dash
Pretty simple. Dice your apples…drain your cans of chicken. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
I added scoops to a lettuce leaf which will give you a low carb version. Main carbs are coming from your apples. You can also add scoops of this to whole wheat bread or whole wheat tortilla and make a wrap or whole wheat crackers like WASA crackers.
ENJOY without guilt 🙂
**I made this again using cooked chicken breasts. Baked it in tin foil at 350F for about 30 minutes (make sure it’s thoroughly cooked). I put it in the fridge overnight. Broke it up in large pieces, threw it in my Ninja blender/food processor with yogurt, relish and Mrs. Dash. Pulsed until I liked the consistency. I put it in my container and then folded in dried cranberries and the sliced almonds. The next day I ate it as a snack (just put 4 oz in tupperware and carried it in a cooler with a plastic spoon. Ate it on the go.) Then came home and made a sandwich on toasted whole grain white bread (you know…the kids kind) lol.