This spread can be used on a turkey burger, hamburger, various fish, chicken…simple sandwiches…whatever! It is so packed with flavor, it’s all you need to dress your dish!
Ingredients makes 4 turkey burgers.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey BREAST
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 large garlic clover (or 2 small…or however many you want!)
- handful of cilantro
- 2 tablespoon lime juice (sorry I forgot to include in picture)
- 1/4 cup no fat plain greek yogurt
- tomato (optional) as is other burger toppings
- multi grain tortilla wrap (or use whole wheat bun OR no bun at all for a low carb option!)
Divide turkey breast into 4 sections and make patties. Pepper or season as you wish. I went simple since I had so much flavor in the spread. Drizzle EVOO in skillet and add patties. Cover and cook over medium heat until cooked thoroughly.
While patties are cooking…mince garlic. I also used the side of my large knife to smash it as much as I could. Add to a medium sandwich bag.
Grab and tear away cilantro from bunch. I used about 1/2 cup worth. Finely chop. Add to bag.
Peel skin away from avocado flesh. Add flesh to bag. Add yogurt. Add 2 tablespoons of lime juice or just give to nice good squeezes.
Get feisty and use your fist to smash it up! Be sure to zip/close your bag before starting this process. hahahahaha
After burgers are done, lay them on paper towels to absorb the juices.
Lay 1 burger at the top of a tortilla. Spoon out 1/4 of the spread and top the burger. Add other toppings.
Fold in the sides…then fold up the bottom. DONE!
Nom Nom Nom!!