Using Whole Wheat and Oat Flour! Mmmm mmmm… now it feels like Fall!
Makes 12 muffins @ approx 20g of carbs per muffin. Majority are good solid carbs 🙂
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Oat Flour (1 and 1/2 cup of ground old fashioned oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup of Splenda Blend (sugar and Splenda)
- 1 and 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 medium/large very ripe bananas (when they get all brown, soft and spotted)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp coconut oil (you can use vegetable oil…but I wanted the health benefits of coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (you can use skim milk also)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- t tbsp molasses
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Note: If you don’t have oat flour on hand…make your own. 1 and 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal in the food processor made 1 cup of oat flour. Pulse until you have a fine flour. Also…if necessary, you can crush your walnuts to the size you wish by putting them in a plastic bag and pounding them with your fist (or you can use the back side of a pan).
In a medium mixing bowl, mash 3 bananas and then add all other wet ingredients. Mixing thoroughly.
Note: Heat coconut oil in the microwave for 25 seconds so it becomes liquified.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Use cupcake wrappers to line muffin tin (or use Pam spray to grease muffin tin).
Fill 3/4 of the muffin tins.
Cook 20-25 minutes. When you can stick a toothpick down the center and it comes out clean…it’s done.
Let cool and enjoy!
Reheat at 15-20 seconds in the microwave as needed 🙂