Why kid friendly? Well, if you have a child like mine who is opposed to eating foods with certain textures, you find ways to encourage them to eat not only the various textures, but also the healthier versions of foods!
Pretty simple spaghetti…
- Whole Wheat Spaghetti (1/2 box)
- Spaghetti Sauce of choice (amount is to the texture you prefer)
- Spices (optional). I use basil, oregano, garlic powder, cracked pepper, chili power and paprika
- Lean Ground Turkey Breast (I used 1/2 lb for the spaghetti, but at the same time used the other 1/2 lb to make 2 turkey burgers for another meal!)
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
In a medium skillet or pan, cook turkey breast completely. Chopping up into crumbles as it cooks. Drain. You can choose to use it as crumbles or if you want a finer texture like I did, you can place it in your food processor or blender. Just be careful not to pulse it to a paste. lol. Once done, return the turkey to the pan.
While you’re preparing the turkey, follow instructions for the whole wheat spaghetti. Barilla takes about 8 minutes to cook. Drain and set aside.
Add spaghetti sauce to the turkey. Add spices and bring back to a boil.
You can chop the spaghetti into bite sized pieces if you wish. Add spaghetti and turkey sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan and serve to your child!
If you have leftovers, you can refrigerate or even freeze. I used freezer bags and flattened it out for easy storage in the freezer.