Fresh and filling!!!
- 1 – 15oz can of black beans
- 1 – 8.5 oz can of corn (you’re only going to use 1/2 of it)
- 1 avocado and lime juice (topping optional)
- 1 slice of Ezekial bread (or 1/2 cup of bread crumbs)
- (optional) chili powder, hot pepper flakes, salt, pepper
- (optional) chopped onion and garlic
Drain and rinse black beans. You can either mash by handtool or I used my Ninja and slowly pulsed it…shook the container…pulsed again. You don’t want your beans smashed to bits, you want to leave your beans slightly recognizable. lol Add beans to bowl.
Drain corn and add 1/2 to same bowl.
Add 1/2-2/3 cup of bread crumbs or I crumbled 1 slice of Ezekial bread in my Ninja (pulsed it) and got about 2/3 cup. Add to bowl.
Add 1 egg and any spices you wish to use (I used chili powder, hot pepper flakes, salt and pepper). Add in your onion and garlic now too.
Mix thoroughly with a large spoon.
Add EVOO to your large skillet on medium/high heat. Form 4 burgers and add to skillet. Cover and cook a few minutes on each side until they are brown on each side and have gotten stiff.
While it’s cooking, mash 1 whole avocado. Add a bit of lime juice to help it keep it’s fresh coloring.
Plate burger and top with avocado and salsa if you wish. Because there are carbs (good carbs) in my beans and bread crumbs, i’m not using a bun! 🙂