Similar to my Turkey Meatballs…but here’s the quick version of a patty (with an extra ingredient).
Ingredients make (4) 4oz patties
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Onions (dried) or use diced onions (approx 3 sliced rounds or to your liking) My suggestion to make this MORE like “meatloaf” is to actually use fresh onion. I was pressed for time.
- Cracked Pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (or make your own in food processor…use 1 slice Ezekial bread or 1 Multi-Grain Sandwich round like I did)
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
For easy clean up, line large cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with Olive Oil PAM. Preheat oven to 375 F.
In large bowl, add breadcrumbs, italian seasoning, onions, cracked pepper, 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes and ground turkey breast. Mix thoroughly. Form into 4 patties and place on cookie sheet. Place on middle rack.
Cook for 20 minutes and flip patties. Cook additional 10 minutes until done.
Plate…add additional crushed tomatoes on top and a “sprinkle” of parm or feta on top.
If you want a bun…add a whole wheat or whole grain bun.