Simple to make! I promise 😉 I don’t make difficult dishes!
Makes 1 Serving
- Fresh Baby Spinach- 3 handfuls (I buy this huge container of organic spinach at SAMs Club. I use it all week long in various recipes and salads!)
- 1 whole egg, 1 egg white (9g Protein – 6g in a whole egg, 3g in egg white)
- 1- 6 inch Mission multigrain tortilla (or whole wheat) = 17g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g sugars, 3g protein, 2.5g fat, 100 calories
- 1/8 c of feta (or leave out!)
- salsa (I buy this brand at SAMs Club…it’s so good!)
- PAM- Olive Oil
Take 3 handfuls of spinach and wash! I don’t care if it says triple wash…wash again!!! Add a drizzle of EVOO to large skillet over high heat. Add spinach. Saute down. Add 1/8 cup of feta if you wish. Set pan aside.
I usually heat my tortilla while my spinach is cooking. You can either do this in a heated skillet (10-15 sec one side, flip for another 10 seconds… or microwave per instructions).
In smaller skillet, spray with Pam and set on high heat. Add eggs. You can pre-scramble in a separate bowl if you wish, but i’m always in a time crunch in the mornings. So I add the eggs to my heated pan…then break the yolk after the eggs have cooked for a bit. Cook on one side until egg looks firm (without burning!)…makes for easier flipping without tearing. Once both sides are cooked, set aside.
Add spinach mixture on one side of egg and add salsa. NOTE!! Try to drain the moisture from your spinach and your salsa or else you’ll have a drippy breakfast tortilla. Still yummy…just messy! lol
No salt or pepper needed because there is so much yumminess in the salsa!! And to be honest, next time, i’m leaving the feta out. Didn’t need it!
Add to your tortilla and ta-da! Done!