Did you know??
(EWG= Environmental Working Group)
Here’s a look at the 10 top-selling* U.S. brands:
1. Pure Life Purified Water (Nestle), EWG grade = B
2. Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade= C
3. Aquafina Purified Drinking Water (Pepsi), EWG grade= D
4. Dasani Purified Water (Coca-Cola), EWG grade= D
5. Deer Park Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade= D
6. Ice Mountain Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade= D
7. Ozarka Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade= D
8. Poland Spring Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade=D
9. Zephyrhills Natural Spring Water (Nestle), EWG grade= D
10. Crystal Geyser Natural Alpine Spring Water (CG Roxane), EWG grade= F
Filtered tap water received the best grade (an A) from EWG because if you change your filter regularly, EWG says it is purer than bottled water, plus it saves money (bottled water can cost up to 1,900 times more than what flows from your tap). Drinking tap water also takes less of a toll on the planet. EWG offers plenty of tips for filtering your tap water so that you can drink the healthiest water possible.
Here is the full report (dated Jan 25, 2012…I couldn’t find a more current one by EWG) Interesting Info!!
Bottled water is FDA regulated but you should still do your research: http://www.fda.gov/Food/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/ucm046894.htm